Effective and efficient strategies to successfully face and solve present and future problems and challenges in healthcare and public health management
EHESP, ESCP Europe and University of Columbia have come together in 2008 to launch an international Executive Health MBA to better articulate the healthcare issues of the population and the development and management of the strategies of healthcare organisations.
Students centered and evidence based, the EHMBA offers up to date and adapted strategies to present future challenges and issues in healthcare organizations and public health management. The Executive Health MBA is the only international degree aimed at allowing students to carry out comparative analyses of health care systems.
The Executive Health MBA is held in France, Germany, Spain, United Kingdom, Canada and the United States of America in order to allow students to carry out comparative analyses of health care systems.
3 EHMBA students are sharing their EHMBA experience. Please click on the videos here under to access each testimony:
3 testimonies of EHMBA students
- To provide selected high caliber participants with the opportunity to improve, develop and implement successful leadership and management strategies in healthcare organizations.
- To emphasize the importance of Interprofessional Collaborative Practice Teams in healthcare organizations and provide managers, physicians managers, nursing directors and allied healthcare professionals with a shared pool of concepts, standards and methods.
Teaching language: English
Prerequisite: An advanced level in English is required
Course locations: Berlin, London, Madrid, New York, Paris, Rennes, Montreal
The EHESP School of Public Health in association with the University of Columbia in New York City and the ESCP Europe brought together their knowledge, experience and vision to offer the Executive Health MBA.
The EHMBA is geared towards Executives, Senior Managers and Clinicians in the fields of Healthcare, public health and pharmaceuticals, wishing to gain new insight, knowledge, methods and strategies to face successfully the rapid changes in healthcare systems and organizations. The proper and up to date Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) required to face the new changes and realities are what the EHMBA is offering. The EHMBA is meant for health leaders aware of the difficulties and issues existing in the field of healthcare and public health.
The EHMBA is comprised of 70 days of classes over a period of 12 months. This includes thesis work, during which participants will demonstrate theoretical and practical skills in leadership, integrative management, health policy analysis.
The program is designed to ensure that participants
- Fully grasp and learn to face and lead the important new developments occurring in health related industries (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies)
- Acquire substantial skills and abilities in the management of healthcare organizations
- Gain experience in applying qualitative and quantitative methods to promote and manage organizational and policy change
- Understand the importance and differential impact of epidemiological, political, economical and social factors on healthcare management from an international perspective
The learning experience is enriched with intensive cultural exchange between participants coming from a variety of backgrounds and from different parts of the world. This makes a unique experience.
- Cross- comparison of National Health Care Systems
- Health Policy and Strategy
- Finance and Control in Health Management
- Health Care Technology
- Organizational Behavior
- Management of Human Ressources
Download the Executive Health MBA brochure (pdf, 483 kb)
- Executives in health institutions
- Senior managers of administrative organizations within the health sector
- Physicians managers in the health sector
- Nursing directors wishing to reconcile management and care objectives
3 to 10 years of experience are required.
All courses are in English. Programme based on 70 days course over 12 months.
Courses take place in different cities: Berlin, London, Madrid, New York, Paris, Rennes and Montreal.
15 000 € (taxes included) for individuals
20 000 € (taxes included) for organizations
Back to top
Head of program
Alain OLLIVIER – PhD. Affiliate Professor, Institute of Management, EHESP
Professor, Member of the EHMBA team
Bertrand PARENT – PhD., Professor, Institute of Management, EHESP
Xavier MARTINIAULT – Educational assistant, Institute of Management, EHESP
Xavier.Martiniault@ehesp.fr – Tel. +33 (0) 2 99 02 27 49
Bruno COTARD – Educational assistant, Institute of Management, EHESP