The Master (M2) in Analysis and Management of Heath Establishments (AMES) is co-accredited by the University Paris 7 – Denis Diderot, and organized in close partnership with the Ecole du Val-de-Grâce and Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Paris.
- Career Opportunities
- Admissions Requirements
Understand the trends facing health care establishments in terms of human resources and budgeting, particularly in the area of quality (accreditation procedure), safety (medical procedures, patient care), risk management (site, patients, personnel), patient information and hospital law, “hospital product” analysis and cost optimization (value of ISA point – Case-mix adjusted activity)
Dates : September 2012 to September 2013
Number of ECTS: 60
All courses are delivered in French.
For the Professional Master 2, students must earn 60 ECTS, divided between coursework (33 ECTS) and work placement/research methods, thesis and thesis defense (27 ECTS). The program can be completed in 1 or 2 years to accommodate students who work, subject to academic approval.
The Master in Analysis and Management of Health Establishments offers two options:
- Management of hospital care systems,
- Organization and administration of care centers and care units.
Core Curriculum (15 ECTS):
- Political economy of health (6 ECTS);
- Hospital system (6 ECTS);
- Foreign language (3 ECTS).
2 possible options (18 ECTS):
1/ Management of hospital care systems:
- Hospital care system (3 modules – 9 ECTS),
- Hospital performance (2 modules – 6 ECTS),
- Health law and risk management (3 modules – 9 ECTS).
2/ Organization and administration of care centers and care units:
- Human resource management (3 modules – 9 ECTS),
- Financial resource management (3 modules – 9 ECTS),
- Quality management (2 modules – 6 ECTS),
Work placement and thesis (27 ECTS):
- Research methods, project design and thesis (6 ECTS).
- Work placement (21 ECTS).
Students with a wide range of backgrounds, hospital practitioners and health establishment executives, doctors and senior management within health care agencies.
This program prepares students for employment in:
- Administrative management, budget management in hospitals and health care establishments;
- Hospital management (public and private)
- Consulting firms.
This Master is open to:
- Students with a Master 1 in economics and management, social sciences, health and public health, law, sociology and organization, etc.
- Residents in medicine, pharmacy or dentistry, etc.
- Hospital managers (administrative, care, medico-technical and medical), taking into account their professional experience.
Applications are now close.
Back to top
Tél. : +33 (0) 01 40 27 41 13
Pr Dominique BERTRAND, PU-PH, Université Paris 7 Denis Diderot