The 2 year Master’s degree in “public health and environmental risk” (careers in research and practice) is approved to be carried out in collaboration between Paris 5, Paris 11 and Nancy 1 universities.
For those seeking a career in research
- be able to undertake critical analysis of toxicology, microbiology and epidemiology projects and deepen these methodological skills, applying them to research relating to environmental issues
- be able to develop innovative methods and tools for environmental risk assessment
For those seeking a career in practice
- be able to determine information required to analyse a situation and be able to derive an integrated health risk assessment appropriately
- be able to interpret results and play a role in the decision-making process.
Dates: 1 year from October
Places: Rennes, Paris 5, Paris 11, and/or Nancy 1 depending on the course selected
All courses are delivered in French.
- behaviour of substances in the environment. Environmental physics, chemistry and microbiology
- environmental epidemiology
- professional and environmental toxicology
- evaluation of exposure to xenobiotics
- health risk assessment procedures
For those seeking a career in research (5 modules, 4 of the 5 basic modules and 1 optional)
- in-depth environmental epidemiology methodologies
- environmental toxicology methods
- environmental microbiology methods
- environmental biostatistics and information systems
- professional risk assessment and management
For those seeking a career in practice (4 of the 5 basic modules and 1 optional)
- initiation into health risk management
- assessment of chemical risks: regulatory, organisational and practical aspects
- assessment of urban environmental risks
- assessment of indoor environmental risks
- assessment of industrial environmental risks
Semesters 1 and 2
- Work placement
Students, health professionals, environmental practitioners
National or local administrations responsible for health or the environment, national agencies operating in the environmental health field, international bodies, industrial groups, in particular in the chemicals, power and environment fields, consultants, NGOs, etc.
The Master’s degree is open to:
- students who have a one-year public health Master’s degree or other one-year Master’s degree or hold an equivalent diploma for the speciality they wish to study
- professionals who have a one-year Master’s degree 1 (or equivalent professional experience) who wish to take a professional development course to deepen their knowledge and skills in the environmental health field.
Applications are now close.
The course fee for students is set each year by decree: the fee was €250 for 2012 – 2013
Back to top
Responsables de formation
I. Momas et N. Seta, Université Paris Descartes (Paris 5) : Isabelle.Momas@parisdescartes.fr, Nathalie.Seta@parisdescartes.fr
Y. Lévi, Université Paris Sud (Paris 11) : Yves.Levi@u-psud.fr
I. Thaon, Université Henri Poincaré (Nancy 1) : firstname.lastname@example.org
D. Zmirou-Navier et C. Harpet, EHESP : Cyrille.Harpet@ehesp.fr, Denis.Zmirou@ehesp.fr
Betty Chauvin, EHESP
Tél. : +33 (0)2 99 02 26 72 – e-mail : Betty.Chauvin@ehesp.fr