Co-accredited with the Ecole Pasteur CNAM
Today we are faced with important public health issues, including regional health and social inequalities, high rates of avoidable premature mortality, epidemic situations and emerging environmental risks. In addition, the governance of the health system is changing, with the implementation of the ARS, the hospital reform and more.
This new context requires public health professionals to develop skills to analyze the changes, interpret the environment, choose an effective strategy, facilitate discussions and build networks and partnerships.
This study program is intended to cover the entire public health sector and meet today’s challenges through high-level professional training.
At the end of the program, students will have acquired the fundamental knowledge and skills to work in public health and will be able to:
- develop policy and proposals for changes in the health system, including in a future-looking outlook with a global vision of public health,
- implement the key strategies of national policy: regionalization, user participation, networking, intersectoral collaboration, public-private cooperation, quality process,
- provide expert advice to healthcare system decision makers,
- lead a team, negotiate, cooperate, communicate, support an opinion.
These skills apply to different fields depending on the specialization of the Master:
- regulation of the healthcare system
- health safety, infection control
- environmental health and occupational health
- definition and implementation of a regional health project
- health and social information
Duration: 15 months or 27 months (for working professionals)
Number of ECTS: 75 credits
All courses are delivered in French.
The post-master includes a core curriculum and one of five specializations:
Core Curriculum (25 ECTS)
The core curriculum classes is taken in Paris. The curriculum comprises 7 modules :
- Social Science and Health
- Health Administration / Health Policy Analysis
- Environmental Health / Food safety
- Epistemology and ethics
- Advanced biostatistics and epidemiology
Specialization (20 ECTS)
4 specializations are offered at the Ecole Pasteur / CNAM :
- Infection control
- Risks, environment, chronic diseases, occupational health
- Design and management of health policy
- Biostatistics and bioinformatics
Internship / Thesis (30 ECTS)
Students must complete a four-month internship in a workplace or research institution and write a professional thesis with an oral defense before a jury. Supervision is provided by the professors of the two schools.
- Engineering degree accredited by the Commission of Engineering Degrees;
- Degree from an accredited management school authorized to award the degree of Master;
- 3rd cycle diploma accredited by the University authorities;
- Professional degree consistent with the 5-year post-baccalaureate level or entitling the holder to take certain major national competitive exams (ENA, ENSP/EHESP) set forth in the list established by the Conference of Grandes Ecoles;
- Degree from a school of statistics (ENSAI, ISUP, INA or degrees deemed equivalent);
- Students who have completed a second cycle of medical, veterinary, pharmaceutical or dental studies must have a number of units of instruction in epidemiology and biostatistics equivalent to the first year master program in public health or a maîtrise in biological and medical sciences;
- Foreign diploma equivalent to the French diplomas listed above.
Applications are now opened for 2014-2015 academic year.
Registration on “Ecole Pasteur-CNAM de santé publique” website.
Graduates may go into research or work in public health related agencies, such as healthcare organization and delivery agencies, regulatory agencies, international organizations and major NGOs, industry (drug, food, cosmetics, environment).
11,400 € for Institution registration
5,700 € for Individual registration
Back to top
Tel : +33 (0) 1 58 80 86 48 or by e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Arnaud FONTANET, professeur à l’Institut Pasteur
Jean de KERVASDOUE, professeur au Conservatoire national des arts et métiers
François PETITJEAN, professeur à l’EHESP