Mark your calendars with three events at EHESP – Rennes (main auditorium) on October 4:
- from 13h to 14h30 “Presentation of Chairs disability” by Florence Weber, Professor of Sociology and Social Anthropology at the Ecole Normale Superieure of Paris, Jean-François Ravaud, Research Director at Inserm, Director of the IFR 25 – RFRH (Federative Research Network on Disability) and Claude Martin, Chair “Social and Health Link” and Director of the Centre for Research on long-term care and vulnerability (SoLo) of EHESP.
- at 16.00: Jean-Yves Nau’s inaugural conference for the Chair in “Journalism and Public Health”. Dr. Nau, a former schoolteacher turned medical doctor, who has been a journalist at daily newspaper “Le Monde” between 1980 and 2009 and is now medical and scientific editor for Slate.fr website is the first incumbent of this Chair, for academic year 2010-2011.
Registration required (free entry), subject to seat availability at email@example.com
- at 17.00: screening of the documentaire “H1N1 Nos virus ont de l’avenir” (in French), directed by Patrice Desenne (52 min),
- at 18.00: as part of the Health & Society open conferences: Health crisis and crisis management (in French).
- François Autain, French Senator, rapporteur on the H1N1 pandemic,
- Xavier de Lamballerie, virologist Mediterranean University-IRD-EHESP,
- Jean-Pierre Door, Member of the French Parliament, rapporteur for the Commission of enquiry on the “swine flu” vaccination campaign,
- Michel Setbon sociologist EHESP-CNRS,
- Patrick Zylberman historian EHESP-CNRS,
- Pr. Antoine Flahault, epidemiologist, Inserm-Ehesp.
The discussion will be facilitated by Jean-Yves Nau, incumbent of the EHESP Chair in Journalism and Public Health and medical and scientific editor for Slate.fr website.