From 20 June to 8 July 2016, the EHESP hosts the integration modules in Rennes within the Europubhealth program bringing together students from 20 different countries. This is also a great opportunity for the EHESP to receive during 3 weeks professors from all over the world.
This year, the EHESP has the pleasure of welcoming 6 visiting professors (3 of them benefit from the Erasmus+ grants). They participate in lectures and conferences throughout the integration modules. These teachers are:
- Jesus Ramirez-Valles, Ph.D, Professor and Director of Community Health Sciences Division – University of Illinois at Chicago – School of Public Health (USA)
Areas of research / expertise: health education, health promotion, community organisation, HIV, aging and health, sociology of health, ethnic groups, gender, sexual orientation and population of Latin America.
- Jessica Mudry, PhD, Assistant Professor – Acting Undergraduate Program Director – Ryerson University of Toronto (Canada)
Areas of research / expertise: Public health policies, public health communication, nutrition.
- Jimoh Amzat, PhD, Professor at the Department of Sociology – Usmanu Dan Fodiyo University Sokoto (Nigeria)
Areas of research / expertise: Medical Sociology, Bioethics, Health in Africa, public health issues in the African context.
- Kai Michelsen, rer. med., Dipl.-Pol, Lecturer for Medical Sociology, Social Medicine, Health Policy, Public Health – Coordinator of International projects – Maastricht University (The Netherlands)
Areas of research / expertise: health policies, European public health (EU policies and WHO), regions and health.
- Henrique Barros, PhD, Professor of Epidemiology – President of the Institute of Public Health University of Porto (Portugal)
Areas of research / expertise: clinical and perinatal epidemiology, cardiovascular, infectious and cancerous disease.
- Robert I. Field, PhD, Professor of Law and Professor of Health Management and Policy Drexel University – School of Law and School of Public Health – Philadelphia (USA)
Areas of research / expertise: organization, regulation and management of health systems and health policies.
Europubhealth was awarded the European label of excellence Erasmus +, EU programme for education and training and aims to enhance and promote the European higher education worldwide with outstanding students. Since 2006, over 200 students have graduated.
- The leitmotiv of this 1st module is the integration of different cultures within an international approach to public health, between students, scholars (non European invited academics or public health experts) and teaching staff. Coordinator: William Sherlaw.
- The 2nd Integration Module aims to provide students with the experience of working on a project with strict deadlines, which will stand them in good stead for their future professional and academic careers in public health. Coordinator: Florence Bodeau Livinec.
Marion Lecoq – EPH Coordination Program Officer
International relations department
E-mail : Marion.Lecoq@ehesp.fr