This course is aimed at successful candidates in the internal or external competitive examination.
Duration: 1 year
Training is based on a combination of classes in theory and vocational training.
Classes are divided into teaching units related to the skills needed to carry out missions:
- Legal framework within which social welfare activity operates
- Inspection methodology
- Project approach
- Inter-occupational public health module
- Health surveillance and emergency management
Lessons take place in mixed discipline training groups so as to better prepare students for future inter-professional cooperation.
Structured tutoring, in the form of a teaching module encompassing methodology, thematic workshops and viva voce (oral examination) preparation, is provided to assist students with preparation of the thesis.
A Masters in Public Health is awarded upon completion of training, which is certified through work placements, thesis and continuous assessment of lessons.
Open to medical officers and the state, local and regional authority and public institution officials under their authority, as well as medical officers employed by international intergovernmental organisations, with at least 3 years experience.
Aimed at doctors who hold the requisite diploma to practice medicine and one of the following postgraduate degrees:
- Masters in community health and social medicine,
- Masters in public health and social medicine,
- Postgraduate certificate in public health,
- Degree, certificate or other qualification permitting enrolment on the public health and social medicine speciality register pursuant to the doctor qualification regulation.
To find out more about the job and conditions of admission to the competitive examination, visit the website of the Ministry of Health, Youth and Sport
Status: category A executive
The public health medical inspector works in one of the services run by the Minister for Health:
- Département (county) or regional directorates for health and social affairs
- Central government, regional or national agencies
- Conception, application, execution, evaluation and control of public health policy
- Organisation of system of care
- Implementation of health prevention and promotion programmes
- Health surveillance and safety role
- Public health education and research
The public health medical inspector may also carry out specialised technical missions such as epidemiological surveillance or health crises prevention and management as well as managing research projects or programmes.
Back to top
Office responsible for Public Health Medical Inspector Program
Tel : +33 (0) 2 99 02 27 38