UMR (Unités Mixtes de Recherche – Mixed Research Units)
Institut de recherche en santé environnement et travail (Health, Environment and Work Research Institute – UMR 1085 IRSET)
IRSET is a mixed research unit bringing together INSERM, Université Rennes 1, Université des Antilles et de la Guyane, the Centre hospitalier universitaire de Rennes and EHESP. Located in Rennes, it is one of the major interdisciplinary research clusters in France dealing with risks related to the environment and work. Its main objective is to understand the effects of environmental, chemical, biological and physical factors on human health.
IRSET has 3 research groups:
- Environmental stress, infection, signalling and cancer
- Endocrinology, reproduction and development
- Genomics, proteomics, microbiology and analytical chemistry
LERES is one of the IRSET platforms, and researchers at the Health-Environment-Work and Sanitary Engineering Department (DSETGS – Département santé-environnement-travail et génie sanitaire) are members of an IRSET team.
Centre de recherche sur l’action politique en Europe (Research Centre on Policy Actions in Europe – UMR 6051 ARENES)
ARENES is a mixed research unit bringing together CNRS, Université de Rennes 1, IEP de Rennes and EHESP. Located in Rennes, it carries out research using several disciplines: political science, sociology, information and communication sciences, management sciences and history.
ARENES has 3 teams:
- Health, risk and uncertainty management
- Journalism and public sphere
- Mobilisations, citizenship and political life
and 4 transversal projects:
- Environment, sustainable development and political ecology
- Ordinary relationships to gender
- Stages of Life and Transitions
- Mediatisation and Construction of Public Problems
The research professors at EHESP who are ARENES members mainly come from the Department of Human and Social Sciences (SHS – Département des sciences humaines et sociales) and belong to the “Health, Risk and Uncertainty Management” team.
The Healthcare organisation management host team (EA 7348 MOS – Management des Organisations de Santé – Healthcare Organisation Management)
In pursuit of the goal of developing research in healthcare organisation management (a topic rarely dealt with by French research teams), EHESP supports MOS host team (Management des organisations de santé – Healthcare Organisation Management).
2 areas are studied by the team’s researchers:
- Hospital performances
- Healthcare pathway performance
Pharmacoepidemiology and health care research host team (EA 7449 REPERES)
Managed jointly by the EHESP and Université de Rennes 1, this research team, set up in January 2017 (22 members), aims to develop studies on:
- health care, drug and health product safety
- analysis of health care pathways and of spatial and social and economic variations in the health care offer and access to health care
- development of top level skills in the processing and analysis of big health databases (SNIIR-AM and PMSI)
By moving into the field of pharmacoepidemiology and that of health service research, REPERES enters into an applied research approach, to put big data in the health care sector to good use.
The REPERES team, partly comprising university lecturers and researchers from the Department of Quantitative Methods in Public Health (Département Méthodes quantitatives en santé publique – METIS), is managed by Emmanuel Oger, university professor and hospital physician, and is co managed by Olivier Grimaud, professor at the EHESP School of Public Health.