The research policy is formulated by the Scientific Council and submitted for approval to the Administrative Council. Under the responsibility of the Research Department, the Scientific Council has a say on any matter that impacts the research activities.
EHESP’s research activities are mainly conducted within two Mixed Research Units (UMR) under the School’s supervision. In addition, the research staff conduct their activities within four departments (each with its own Chair) and an Environmental and Health Research Laboratory (LÉRES).
The Research Department has a strategic role in terms of the development, organisation and promotion of the School’s research and expertise. Its broad mission is to formulate and implement EHESP’s research and expertise strategy in synergy with other entities in the School and its partners.
It comprises three divisions performing complementary missions:
Research Contracts Office
The Research Contracts and Cooperation Office (BAC) provides assistance to researchers at every step of financing their research project. The office:
- performs a strategic watch to identify suitable calls for proposals in relation to EHESP’s various research activities;
- helps compile funding requests;
- negotiates contracts with funders;
- manages the administrative, legal and financial aspects for the grants awarded.
The Doctoral Centre coordinates doctoral matters at EHESP and delivers PhD degrees. It coordinates two national doctoral education schemes:
- The Public Health Doctoral Network which comprises around 90 PhD students to facilitate their multidisciplinary education and develop their interdisciplinary and international practice in order to, in the long term, promote the emergence of a community of professionals and researchers that share a common culture in public health.
- The National Occupational Health Doctoral Course whose goals are to draw top candidates to the “occupational health” research theme and to improve visibility of the theme and of the research teams working in this field to create greater national and international attractiveness.
Science & Society centre
The Science and Society Centre promotes links between research stakeholders and society, from the dissemination of scientific culture to the joint development of research projects. In an open scientific mindset, it also oversees:
- the Inter-regional Health Research, Assessment and Expert Appraisal Body (DIREES), which organises a dialogue and working interface shared between stakeholders in research, experts and decision-makers in a decision-making capacity. It provides concrete, scientific and operational findings from research and appraisal initiatives to assist with decision-making on subjects identified with regional health agencies (ARS) in Brittany and Pays de Loire with the aim of improving public health.
For more information, contact EHESP’s Research Department: