This course is aimed at successful candidates in the internal or external competitive examinations.
- The training course
- To find out more about the job or eligibility criteria for the competitive examinations
- The job
Duration: 4 weeks
Successful candidates in the competitive examinations work as probationer public servants for one year. They undergo 4 weeks of training, which is spread out over the year.
- Understand the context of environmental health intervention: the framework, missions, legal context: general law and environmental health law
- Make oral and written operations more efficient, perform effectively in meetings or work groups
- Introduction to environmental health tools and methods
Internal competitive examination
Aimed at civil servants with at least four years experience
External competitive examination
The competitive examination is open to candidates who are nationals of a member state of the European Community or any other state that is a member of the European Economic Area who possess a diplôme national (national degree) recognising advanced second cycle study or a diplôme universitaire technologique (DUT – two-year university degree in technology) or any other equivalent degree, enumerated in the list established by joint order of the Ministers for Health and the Civil Service.
Status: category B civil servant
The health technician operates under the responsibility of a health design engineer or a health engineering manager and works within the health/environment field as it relates to both the natural environment and human, agricultural or industrial activity: water, air, habitat, waste, soil.
The health technician is involved in:
- Administrative and technical monitoring of hygiene rules
- Health surveillance
- Health prevention and education
He or she works within the regional health agency. He or she may also be given supervisory duties where needed.
Back to top
Office responsible for Health Engineering Manager Program
Karine.Moenner@ehesp.fr – Tel : +33 (0) 2 99 02 27 06