The Master in childhood and youth: policies and care is organised jointly by EHESP School of Public Health, Rennes 1 University and Rennes 2 University.
The Master in childhood and youth: policies and care aims to offer a course which will allow both practicing and future professionals to promote an improved process of integration and management of young people in our country.
Location : Rennes
Duration : 1 year (September to September)
Teaching language : French
ECTS : 60 per year
The course is interdisciplinary in nature, in terms of both lecturers and students, and is a sandwich course, with one meeting per month over 8 months. Between meetings, students in on-going training are at their workplaces, and students in initial training are looking for work placements, then on placement.
There is a growing level of demand for skills in childhood and youth work, because of the increasing number of questions being asked about how this group is socially integrated:
- Managers of voluntary sector organisations working in the field of education and popular education
- Managers in local government services
- Managers of voluntary sector organisations working in the field of health and social work
- PhD in social sciences
Students, civil servant and professional trainee childhood and youth works from diverse backgrounds.
The Master’s is open to:
- Students having taken a “Master 1” pathway offered as part of a Master, including a public health option at Rennes 1 University and EHESP
- Holders of a “Master 1” in human and social, medical students having successfully completed a “Master 1” or DCEM3 in their field
- students having successfully completed an access qualification for one of the professions mentioned and able to use a validation of prior experience entitling them to enrol on a “Master 2”, on condition that their application is accepted by the equivalence committee
Applications for 2022-2023 academic year are closed.
You want to begin or continue your higher education in France, and you live in a country using the Campus France/CEF online procedure? Follow the 2 steps
Virginie MUNIGLIA, Professor and researcher at EHESP School of Public Health
Tél. : +33 (0) 2 99 02 28 74 – Celine.Lefebvre@ehesp.fr
Tél. : +33 (0) 2 99 02 26 71 – Scolarite@ehesp.fr