The Master in administration of public health policies and programmes is organised by the EHESP and Rennes Political Studies Institute (IEP) in collaboration with Rennes 1 University.
This course is also available through a 2-year double-degree programme with our European partners.
More info: Europubhealth: European Public Health Masters course of study
The course is designed to provide the knowledge and skills associated with the growth sector of administering local policies involving health institutions and all those involved in health issues. The course provides students with the ability to :
- advise public health decision makers
- use the most appropriate information system to analyse a situation
- observe and monitor health and welfare developments
- set up a network of professionals to undertake public health programmes
- develop tools to assess programmes and services and measure their performance
- contribute towards crisis situation management
Duration: 1 year
Location: EHESP and IEP in Rennes
ECTS : 60
All courses are delivered in French
The course is interdisciplinary, both for students and lecturers. It is divided into two periods :
mid-September to February
A core curriculum comprising six modules
- Policies and systems: organisation of health systems, health and welfare policies, regulation, evaluation, accreditation and inspection.
- Management: project strategy and management, organisation, governance and partnerships, information systems, financial management and performance measurement.
March to June
Work placement related to one of four specialisations selected by the student
- Observation, analysis and decision-making aids in public health
- Public health project management
- Evaluation of public health policies and programmes
- Risk anticipation and action in crisis situations
- Public health engineering and social cohesion policy
- Co-ordination of town – hospital care networks
- Organisation of missions, audits and evaluation of policies and programmes for agencies, social security bodies, insurance companies and private service management associations and consultancies
- Mediators or managers of networks of bodies responsible for health crisis management
- Management of health, welfare and care establishments, management of local medical projects,
- Organisation of missions at regional health agencies (ARS).
- Students with a Master 1 Governance in the health and welfare sector (Rennes 1) organised in collaboration by the EHESP and Rennes 1 University or a Master 1 or equivalent diploma relating to the specialisation selected
- Health professionals wishing to develop their public health knowledge and skills (professional development course)
- Students with a Master wishing to add a public health specialisation to their qualifications
- Students in their final year at the Rennes Political Studies Institute (IEP)
- Public servant students at the EHESP wishing to develop their knowledge of the public health sector within their initial professional studies
- Students taking a professional development course who have worked for 3 years in the health, welfare and care domain and wish to consolidate their experience
- Applicants with a medical or pharmaceutical diploma.
- This Master is in the process of being approved. Those who are interested in taking this Master should check with the EHESP to find out when this course starts.
Applications for 2016-2017 academic year are closed.
You want to begin or continue your higher education in France, and you live in a country using the Campus France/CEF online procedure? Follow the 2 steps
Tel. : +33 (0) 2 99 02 28 53 – Regine.Maffei@ehesp.fr
Tel. : +33 (0) 2 99 02 26 02 – firstname.lastname@example.org