Master of Public Health
Pathway: Methods and tools for the evaluation of environmental health risks
- Objectives and skills learned
- The course
- Career openings
This course aims to train methodologists to respond to environmental health decision-makers in the fields of environmental pollution (water, air, soil, etc.), developments and actions in the territories, the occurrence of pathologies related to the physical, biological and chemical environment of populations.
The methods taught include:
- method of assessment of chemical health risks according to the skills guideline in standard NF EN 16736: 2015 on the requirements for training in evaluation of health risks from chemical substances;
- diagnostic method, surveillance, impact and action assessment.
At the end of the course, the student should know and understand:
- Environmental health challenges, the role of the main stakeholders in the field, and the place of the different methods and tools for assessment and surveillance in the health safety sector
- The principles and methods of environmental epidemiology, toxicology, assessment of exposure of populations and assessment of health risks
- methods and tools for environmental health diagnosis at territorial level;
- methods and tools for implementing or assessing an environmental health concern monitoring system;
The student should also know:
- to assess the impact of a development, project or infrastructure on health;
- how to assess environmental health action.
Finally, he should also be able:
- to define the scope, limits and objective of environmental health risk assessment or monitoring in view of decision-making;
- to undertake exhaustive document searches and to search the relevant databases to identify and collect information required for environmental health risk assessment;
- to make a critical assessment of data;
- to make a critical analysis of a health risk assessment or monitoring, to determine its limits and to evaluate the relevance of their conclusions in a public health or regulatory context.
Location : Rennes
Duration : 1 year (September 2021 to August 2022)
Teaching language : French
ECTS : 60 per year
Teaching Units (TUS)
1- Methodological bases in environmental health: introduction to environmental health, epidemiology, toxicology, exposure assessment and introduction to health risk assessment.
2- Tools and methods for territorial diagnosis, environmental health surveillance, impact and action assessment
3- Environmental health assessment project
4- Placement (from March to August)
- Territorial risk assessor or study coordinator for diseases or threats in a health agency or health observatory at local, national or European level
Scientific Master 1 fluent in French, with basic skills in statistics and chemistry.
Applications for 2022-2023 academic year are closed.
You want to begin or continue your higher education in France, and you live in a country using the Campus France/CEF online procedure?
Philippe GLORENNEC, Professor and researcher at EHESP School of Public Health – email@example.com
Pierre LE CANN, Professor and researcher at EHESP School of Public Health – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tél. : +33 (0) 2 99 02 27 83 – Scolarite@ehesp.fr