Are you a student in human and social sciences, or health? Are you an engineer, health professional or in the process of changing careers?
EHESP is broadening its training offer in the field of health management by offering this Post-Master in “Health Management”, on a work-study basis (accredited by the Conférence des grandes Écoles). The objective of this Post-Master is to develop the managerial and management skills that are indispensable to managers and leaders of health service establishments. It is open right across the health sector (sanitary, social and medical-social).
Newly-qualified graduates of this course should:
- Have gained thorough knowledge of the issues, organisation and management modes in health
- Master the tools of strategic piloting, financial and human resources management necessary to the management of health establishments and services
- Identify the levers to performance in health
- Have the managerial competences necessary to negotiation and change management
- Have acquired a thorough understanding of how the activity and health production process are organised, and of levers to action
Teaching language: French
Duration: 12 to 16 months
Course start date: September 2017
ECTS : 75 crédits
The course represents 490 hours of study, including around 50 hours worked at a distance.
For students in initial training, it is completed by a work placement. For students in ongoing training, the placement can be carried out at the usual workplace.
This qualification uses a variety of teaching methods: Tutorials, round tables, evening conferences, on-site visits and work, group work, on-the-job training and distance learning.
Teaching is organised around 6 teaching units (UE):
UE 1 – Fundamentals in Public Health
– Environmental health
UE 2 – Organisation, Regulation and Performance
|-Organisation and regulation of the health system
-Performance in health
UE 3 – Strategy and Leadership in Health
-Finances in the service of the decision
-Marketing of health
UE 4 – Management and Human Resources
|-Leadership through results and the devolution of management
-Leadership, analysis of practice and assessment of managerial competences
-Social dialogue, working together and negotiation
-Forward management of staffing levels, activities and competences
UE 5 – Organisation of the Production of Care and Services
|-Production of care
-Organisation and management of processes
-Purchasing and supply-chain in health
-Hospital accommodation management
UE 6 – Placement and Professional Thesis
|-1 international week (30 hours) comprising conferences, tours of establishments, encounters with professionals and experts, to complete the foregoing UEs.
-Work placement, professional thesis
The Post-Master is open to:
- candidates holding a qualification at ‘bac+5’ level (Master’s, Engineer, PhD, etc.)
- candidates holding a qualification at ‘bac+4’ level and having at least 3 years’ professional experience
- other candidates, on the basis of a validation of professional achievement (in compliance with the rules of the CGE regarding specialised Master’s)
- foreign students able to prove they hold an equivalent qualification
A preliminary selection will be made on the basis of qualifications and experience. This will be followed by an admission procedure.
Applications for 2018-2019 academic year are closed.
You want to begin or continue your higher education in France, and you live in a country using the Campus France/CEF online procedure? Follow the 2 steps
This Post-Master aims to train professionals likely to work in public or private health organisations, regional authorities and in the businesses working for these sectors.
The targeted openings are posts carrying responsibility in management operation and/or consultancy and expertise activities.
- Manager or director of an NGO, organisation or establishment in the sanitary, social or medical-social sector
- Project Coordinator within one of the sector’s federations
- Project Coordinator or technical advisor at one of the regional authorities
- Consultant at a consultancy specialising in the health field
- Manager or Project Coordinator at a Regional Health Agency (ARS)
- Manager of a home healthcare agency (HAD), or health network
- Technical advisor in a departmental home for disabled people
Michel LOUAZEL, professor
email@example.com – T. +33 (0) 2 99 02 28 82