The department’s activities concern public policies developed in the field of healthcare and social work on the basis of insights arising out of the human and social sciences: policy and program design, implementation by the various actors involved, regulatory process, and evaluation.
- Head of department and members
- Reseach and expertise
- Collaboration with the UMRs
- Presentation of the department’s chairs
Jean-Marie André is currently in charge of the department, seconded by two deputy heads: Karine Lefeuvre and Jeanine Pommier.
Head of the SHS department since December 2011, he is a social protection and health economist, and has been a lecturer-researcher at EHESP since 1997. Prior to this, he held management positions at the Union Grand Ouest de la Mutualité Social Agricole (MSA) – a campaigning and training organization focused on issues of social protection. Parallel to his role as Head of Department, his work particularly addresses matters related to health risk coverage, and the questions this raises in terms of access to healthcare. His research activities are based at the Centre de Recherche sur l’Action Publique en Europe (ARENES-Crape) – UMR CNRS 6051, of which he has been a member since 2011. Go to his profile page.
Doctor in private law, author of a thesis on “The pre-incapacitation of vulnerable adults”, and professor at EHESP since 2007, she teaches on the rights of users of health, social and medical-social establishments, and the question of legal protection of vulnerable adults. Co-head of the EHESP Diploma: “Director of EHPAD (dependent elder care facility) and User Rights”. Substitute member of the Administrative Council for the college of lecturer-researchers holding a PhD or HDR (accreditation to supervise research) and member of the Space for Ethical Thought about Alzheimer’s Disease (EREMA, Rennes). Research activity within the Western Institute of Law and European Studies (IODE, UMR CNRS 6262 at Rennes I University): abuse in institutions and implementation of the reform system for the legal protection of adults. See her CV.
Public health Doctor, HDR (accreditation to supervise research), Lecturer-Researcher in public health and health promotion. Deputy Director of the department, member of the Management Commitment at IDA (Institut Des Amériques) Rennes and Co-Head of the MSHB (Human Sciences Institute in Brittany) Society and Health Section. Research activity within ARENES-Crape (Centre for Research on Political Action in Europe, UMR 6051). Administrative Vice-President of the UIPES (International Union for Health Promotion and Education). Research themes: evaluation of health promotion programs, particularly in the school environment. Go to her profile page.
- Theme 1: Vulnerabilities and social ties Principally integrated to the theme: “Chronic Disease, Mental Health, Disability and Ageing”
- Theme 2: Social determinants and health promotion Principally integrated to the theme: “Public Policies and Health Promotion”
- Theme 3: Analysis of Social and Health Policies Principally integrated to the theme: “Public Policies and Health Promotion”
- Theme 4: Actors and Operational Dynamics in the Social and Health System Principally integrated to the theme: “Social and Health Professionals: quality of practice”
The research activities form part of the department although they are often developed within accredited units. The teaching staff of the department are associated with several mixed research units such as:
- Go to the ARENES-Crape Research team – UMR 6051 CNRS
- Go to the EPV, IRD Research team – UMR 190
- Go to the ERIS Reseach team – Centre Maurice Halbwachs (CNRS/EHESS/ENS)
- Go to the Law and Social Change Laboratory – Université de Nantes, UMR-CNRS 6297
The department of Human and Social Sciences and Health Behaviour also welcomes a number of chairs:
- Eric Breton is the titular of the Inpes Health Promotion Chair
- Linda Cambon is the titular of the INCa/IReSP/EHESP Chair for research in cancer prevention
- Patricia Loncle is the titular of the Chair of Research on Youth
- Claude Martin is the titular of the Social Care and Health Chair
- Master of Public Health
- Master in Disability and Social Participations
- Master in childhood and youth: Policies and Care
- Master in Administration of Public Health Policies and Programmes
- Master of Law, Health and Ethics
- Master in Public Health: Social Sciences and Management
- Public Health Master 1 in collaboration with Rennes 1 University “Law and governance in the social and welfare sector” (only in French)
- Master in Health and Prevention
The Department is associated with:
- the professional specialisation course “Health promotion, management of health and welfare services” of the public health Master of the Paris XI University of Medicine (in collaboration with Paris V, Paris XII and Versailles Saint-Quentin),
- the “International economics and strategies” Master of Grenoble 2 Pierre Mendès France University,
- the “Analysis and management of health establishments” Master of Paris VII Denis Diderot University, etc.
- Managing a center for the care of the elderly (EHPAD) in compliance with the rights of users (only in French) – Course leader: Arnaud Campéon.
- Leading and Managing implementation of integrated care for elderly and disabled persons at the local level (only in French)- Course leader: Marie-Aline Bloch
The department takes an active part in numerous civil service executive degree programs at the EHESP:
- Preparation for competitive entrance examinations
- Public Health and Social Welfare Inspector Program
- Public Health Medical Inspector Program
- Public Health Pharmacist Inspector Program
- School Physician Program
- Regional Occupational Physician Program
- Territorial Physician Program
Main aspects of the professional development courses
Kerri-Anne PIERRE – Kerri-Anne.Pierre@ehesp.fr Tel: +33 (0) 2 99 02 28 77